Sunday, September 21, 2014

Gaza and the Loss of Civilization – Brian Eno


The America I know and like is compassionate, broadminded, creative, eclectic, tolerant and generous. You, my close American friends, symbolize those things for me. But which America is backing this horrible one-sided colonialist war? I can’t work it out: I know you’re not the only people like you, so how come all those voices aren’t heard or registered? How come it isn’t your spirit that most of the world now thinks of when it hears the word ‘America’? How bad does it look when the one country which more than any other grounds its identity in notions of Liberty and Democracy then goes and puts its money exactly where its mouth isn’t and supports a ragingly racist theocracy?
Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment